Featured Idea: Stock Tanks Raised Garden Beds Are Typically Round Or Rectangular With Rounded Ends And Readily Available At Feed Stores But Added More Cost To Transport It
Natella Efremova Friday, February 24 2017 06:15:29 Garden
Raised garden beds are the constructions in gardening activities that good for planting vegetables or flowers. They're useful to prevent the growth of weeds in the whole field. Another benefit is to prevent the soil become to a solid growing medium, because it provides good drainage.
Another reason why choosing the raised garden bed is to minimize the possibility of plants attacked by pests such as snails or other molluscs. Also, keeping the soil to completely protected from eroded which are mostly caused by heavy rains. Creating raised garden bed also automatically lift up the soil level, so you do not need to be too bowed, this is very good for the body ergonomics.
For the design of raised garden bed, there are many ideas that can be applied, and there is also a variety of materials that can be selected according to your taste. You can choose the shape of the raised garden bed, ranging from circular and up to rectangular. You are also free to determine the materials to be used, each materials has their own pros and cons, of course. And here are the 9 lists of material which is frequently used for building raised garden beds.
Tap to Collect The Ideas Above
1. Stone raised garden beds are very casual and easy diy project for most homeowners but do not work with every landscape style and not permanent
2. Recycled plastic raised garden beds are available in different colors with extremely durable and long lasting features but quite expensive and not as much linear strength as wood
3. Cinderblock raised garden beds are inexpensive and very durable which can be constructed in different ways but individual pieces are fairly heavy
4. Wood raised garden beds are the most common material and easy to install but does not last forever
5. Concrete raised garden beds are very flexible and desired addition to most types of gardens but can be expensive and hard for diy projects
6. Steel raised garden beds are newer in today gardens to create up to date aesthetic but the installation can be difficult and the material is heavy
7. Masonry raised garden beds are the chameleons and permanent addition for garden but can be fairly costly depending on the type of rock
8. Stock tanks raised garden beds are typically round or rectangular with rounded ends and readily available at feed stores but added more cost to transport it
9. Galvanized culverts raised garden beds are easy to install with cool and contemporary look for permanent feature in the garden